Since October 1, anyone who would like to (or has to) be tested for active corona infections can come to CeGaT’s premises without prior appointment. The result is available within 24 hours and can be downloaded via a secure system. For companies and larger groups, CeGaT offers a mobile service for taking nasopharyngeal swabs.
In addition, blood collection for the antibody test is offered again from October 1.
Opening hours are Mon-Fri 1.00 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sat 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m.
For further questions, please contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 0049 7071 565 44 20.
The test determines whether a person is infected with SARS-CoV-2 at the time of swab collection. A combined nose-and-throat (nasopharyngeal) swab is examined for viral RNA by real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR). Smallest amounts of the virus can be detected, and an infection can be diagnosed at an early stage.
- Test for active infection with SARS-CoV-2
- Price EUR 65,- per sample (self-pay, not covered by medical insurance)
- Required sample material: Nasopharyngeal swab.
- CeGaT carries out the swab collection on its property in Tübingen from October 1: Mon-Fri 1.00 p.m. to 5 p.m., Sat 9.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. Registration is neither necessary nor possible.
- The result is available within 24 hours and can be viewed in a secure portal. Positive results are immediately communicated by telephone and – according to the respective regulations – reported to the public health department.
Corona Antibody Test
This test determines whether a person has antibodies against the novel coronavirus or not. People with antibodies can be assumed to have undergone a corona infection.
- CE-marked test for antibodies against the S1 domain of the spike protein of SARS-CoV-2
- Price EUR 25,- per sample (self-pay, not covered by medical insurance)
- Required sample material: blood (serum)
- CeGaT carries out the blood collection on its premises in Tübingen from October 1: Mon-Fri from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Sat from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Registration is neither necessary nor possible. Blood collection is also possible in medical practices with the sample tubes ordered from CeGaT. Please consult your family doctor about this. Important: In this case, the CeGaT sample tubes must be ordered via https://www.cegat.de/en/diagnostics/corona-antibody-test/