Since the beginning of May 2015 the non-invasive prenatal test HarmonyTM is being performed in Germany by Cenata GmbH. Cenata GmbH was founded jointly by Labor Enders, CeGaT GmbH and Prof. Dr. Hinrichsen. The HarmonyTM test reliably detects the most common chromosomal disorders in unborn children.
Maternal blood already contains not only genetic information of the mother but also genetic information of the child from an early phase of pregnancy. This so-called “cell-free fetal DNA” (cffDNA) can be investigated for the presence of chromosomal disorders in the unborn child (e.g. trisomy 21 – “Down syndrome”) using the HarmonyTM test. All that is needed is a blood sample from the mother.
The advantages of the HarmonyTM prenatal test at a glance:
- excellent detection rate of 99.7% for trisomy 21
- very low false positive rate of 0.06% for trisomy 21
- excellent clinical validation, e.g. the to date biggest clinical NIPT study with 18,955 patients
- attractive price: 399 euros for trisomy 21, 18, 13
- short throughput time of 4-6 working days
- no restrictions on account of a heparin treatment
Further information about the HarmonyTM test and the test procedure can be found on the website of Cenata GmbH .
AriosaTM, HarmonyTM, and Harmony Prenatal TestTM are trademarks of Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc. ©2013 Ariosa Diagnostics, Inc. All rights reserved.