CeGaT, Center for Genomics and Transcriptomics, is a service provider for DNA and RNA sequencing of humans, animals, plants, and microorganisms. We use the latest available technologies and apply
- Sanger-Sequencing (96er Capillary-Sequencer) as well as
- Next-Generation-Sequencing (HiSeq 2500, SOLiD 5500xl, and IonTorrent (PGM) Technology).
Depending on the particular project, we decipher
- single Genes,
- microRNA or
- complete Genomes.
CeGaT is the "Best German Start-Up Company 2011".
28. April 2013 - CeGaT introduces Panels for Mitochondriopathies
Together with its clinical partners, CeGaT has developed Diagnostic Panels for comprehensive molecular analysis of mitochondriopathies. The 2 Panels consists of 37 genes of the mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) and 175 nuclear encoded genes associated with mitochondriopathies.
23. April 2013 - CeGaT's Retina Panels very successful in clinical application
CeGaT's Retina Diagnostic-Panel turned out to be very successful in finding the genetic cause of the disease in patients with retinal dystrophies. The results have been published in European Journal of Human Genetics.
09. February 2013 - CeGaT invests in HiSeq 2500 (Illumina)
CeGaT extends its range of sequencing technologies by the HiSeq 2500 (Illumina). The following sequencing technologies are now available:
• 3 SOLiD 5500xl (Life Technologies)
• Ion Torrent PGM (Life Technologies)
• HiSeq 2500 (Illumina)
06. January 2013 - New Diagnostic Panels for Cardiac, Skin and Kidney Diseases, Autism Spectrum Disorders and Mitochondriopathies
CeGaT has developed new Diagnostic Panels for inherited cardiac diseases, skin diseases, kidney diseases, autism spectrum disorders and mitochondriopathies increasing the number of panels to more than 100.
25. November 2012 - CeGaT introduces new Diagnostic Panels
CeGaT has established new Diagnostic Panels for Brain Development Disorders, Ciliopathies, Connetive Tissue Disease, Ion Channel Diseases, and Rasopathies. Meanwhile we are offering 78 different Diagnostic Panels. Please have a look at our Diagnostic Panel website.
21. November 2012 - CeGaT among the most innovative companies
For its Diagnostic Panels, CeGaT was selected to be one of the finalists of this year's Innovation Price hosted by the Ministry of Economics of the State of Baden-Württemberg (South-West Germany).
16. November 2012 - Collaboration between CeGaT and Amplexa
CeGaT and Amplexa (Danmark) will collaborate on diagnostic gene tests. Please see our joint press release.
07. November 2012 - CeGaT starts FREE Exomes Project
To celebrate its successful participation in Boston Children's Hospital Clarity Challenge, CeGaT together with Genomatix offers a free sequencing and analysis of 18 exomes. Please check our "Free Exomes" Site.
07. November 2012 - Finalist of the CLARITY Challenge
CeGaT is thrilled that it is awarded finalist (Top 3) in the Clarity Challenge together with its partner Genomatix. Further information are available in our News Section and through our Press Release.
06. November 2012 - CeGaT achieves 2nd place at Deloittes Fast 50 competition
With a total growth of more than 3,200 % in the last 3 years, CeGaT was awarded the 2nd place in the Rising-Stars category of Deloittes Fast 50 competition. With this award Deloitte honours the 50 fastest growing companies in Germany.
27. September 2012 - Diagnostic Panels for NMD, CMT, and Long QT
CeGaT now offers 9 new Panels for neuromuscular diseases, Charcot-Marie-Tooth, and long QT-syndrome.
04. September 2012 - Pedigree Chart Designer (PCD) available
CeGaT just released its free of charge Pedigree Chart Designer (PCD). The PCD allows you to design, store, load, and print pedigree charts. You are free to use the stored pedigree charts in whatever way you like, for example in medical history files, in presentations or in an order for genetic testing.
27. July 2012 - Epilepsy, Migraine and Metabolic Disorder Panel update
CeGaT has improved its Epilepsy, Migraine and Metabolic Disorder Panels. We have added 34 new genes, the Epilepsy, Migraine and Metabolic Disorder Panels now include 361 genes. They have been grouped into 16 new panels, designed to represent different disease patterns.
01. July 2012 - New FISH test available
CeGaT has established together with Prof. Perner a large number of FISH tests that are immediately available:
30. May 2012 - 265 genes at once
With their Next Generation Sequencing panel of 265 genes, Johannes Lemke and Saskia Biskup identified mutations in 16/33 patients with unclassified, presumably genetic epilepsy. The results published in Epilepsia last week are quite impressive.
23. April 2012 - CeGaT offers new Tumor-Panels
CeGaT offers now diagnostic-panels for hereditary tumor diseases:
- Colon cancer/adenoma
- Breast/Ovarian Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- other familial tumors
Actually CeGaT offers 60 different Diagnostic-Panels for various disease symptoms. Further information is available at "Diagnostic Panels".
31. January 2012 - B Braun takes an interest in CeGaT
B Braun Melsungen AG acquired a 20 % interest in CeGaT GmbH. With this investment B Braun for the first time enters the market for genetic diagnostics. B. Braun is a German based service provider for the health market with more than 43,000 employees and annual sales of EUR 4.4bn.The investment of B Braun gives CeGaT the opportunity to even further extend our range of Diagnostic Panels and to distribute them internationally.
16. January 2012 - New CeGaT-Panels
CeGaT introduced new Diagnostic Panels for Movements Disorders and Neurodegenerative Diseases:
- Neurodegeneration with Brain Iron Accumulation(NBIA)
- Neuromuscular Diseases
13. January 2012 - CeGaT invests in Ion Torrent
CeGaT just equipped its lab with an Ion Torrent Personal Genome Analyzer from Life Technologies. This brand new technology will be used for fast turn-around Diagnostic Panels and soon also for whole exome and transcriptome sequencing. For more information click here.
27. October 2011 - Second SOLiD 5500xl
CeGaT increased its capacities of its Next-Generation-Sequencing facility. Our lab is now equipped with:
- Two SOLiD 5500xl
- Two SOLiD 4
- Agilent BRAVO
- Library Builder
This enables us to decipher up to 600 billion basepairs per week.
20. October 2011 - CeGaT Lab officially accredited
CeGaT is now officially accredited as Molecular Human Genetic Diagnostics Laboratory according to DIN EN ISO 15189:2007. Please have a look at the certificate from the German Accreditation Body.
15. October 2011 - CeGaT is Finalist for STEP Award 2011
Once again, CeGaT is nominated as finalists for one of the most prestigious awards for young and innovative companies. We are very proud to be among the finalists for the STEP Award 2011 presented by Hoechst Infraserv and F.A.Z. Institute.
30. September 2011 - CeGaT and Genomnia coorporate in Italy
CeGaT and Genomnia have signed an agreement for the Italian distribution of Sequencing-Based Dx Tests on SOLiD for a range of Diseases.
28. June 2011 - CeGaT wins German Gründer Prize
CeGaT is the "Best German Start-Up Company 2011" and wins the most prestigious prize for entrepreneurs (Gründer) in Germany. The well-known Gründer Prize is promoted by Stern, Sparkasse, Porsche, and ZDF.
01. March 2011 - SOLiD 5500xl
CeGaT is happy to announce that it will shortly upgrade to SOLiD 5500xl. This will more than double our output per run.
25. January 2011 - List of Genes online
The list of genes available for genetic testing is now online. Please have a look at Molecular Diagnostics / List of Genes.
20. December 2010 - Three new Diagnostic Panels for Hereditary Eye Diseases
CeGaT introduces three new Diagnostic Panels for Hereditary Eye Diseases, namely:
- Stargardt disease and macular dystrophies (11 Gene)
- Cone rod dystrophies (25 Gene)
- Flecked retina disorders (6 Gene)
14. November 2010 - Exome Sequencing and Nature Genetics
The group of Dr. Holger Prokisch, Institute of Human Genetics, Helmholtz Zentrum, Munich, Germany, was able to identify a new gene (ACAD9) as cause of complex I deficiency, a severe mitochondrial disorder. The gene was identified through Exome Sequencing performed at CeGaT.
01. November 2010 - Customized FISH Assays
Starting today, CeGaT offers together with Prof. Perner, Director of the Institute of Prostate Cancer Research, University Hospital of Bonn, the development of FISH assays for in-situ detection of amplifications, deletions, and translocations for nealy all gene loci, tailored to individual needs.
26. October 2010 - CeGaT in GenomeWeb / InSequence
Today Monica Heger of GenomeWeb / InSequence published a long article on CeGaT and its diagnostic panels.
02. June 2010 - Epilepsy Diagnostics Panels
CeGaT introduces 15 Epilepsy Panels. With these newly established Panels all genes associated with Epilepsy can be sequenced simultaneously on our SOLiD 4 platform. We offer a full Epilepsy Diagnostic (Sequencing on SOLiD 4 system, Data Analysis, Re-Sequencing of Variants, Report) for each of our panels.
02. May 2010 - CeGaT introduces Diagnostic Panels
CeGaT, Center for Genomics and Transcriptomics, is one of the worldwide pioneers and the first German company applying Next-Generation-Sequencing for genetic testing by introducing Diagnostic Panels.